My primary area of expertise at TechRepublic was Microsoft Windows. Over the years, with the help of some very talented expert contributing writers under my management, we covered Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
One of my specialties was the quick tip - small but powerful tips and tricks that make using the Windows operating system more efficient and users more productive. Here are a few examples.
- Quick Tip: Take fast screenshots with Windows 8 shortcut
- Quick Tip: Change to a local account in Windows 8.1
- Quick Tip: Two features in Windows 8.1 File Explorer you want to know about
- Quick Tip: Add Speak to the Word Quick Access Bar
- Quick Tip: Invoke god mode to take control of settings in Windows 8
- Quick Tip: Create a tile on the Windows 8 Start Screen
Power user tricks
Of course, not every tip for users can be of the quick variety.